Friday, July 15, 2005

Pixies Track 8

Sitting here wishing on a cement floor, just wishing that I knew which Pixies album was the best. See, that's what this is about (not really: it's about hearing other perspectives on these songs, but that can't be ranked and tallied.) This being the Pixies Album Competition. There are rules and even an update where I introduced new factors (which'll easily factor out.)

If you happened to have missed the descriptions for the previous tracks... then... wow. I'm going to list five Pixies songs. Each is a track 8. Then you give me help, give me hell... I mean, rankings for these songs. And another track 8. Or, you know, whatever. Rankings are fun. And since only the four songs from the four full-lengths will count towards the deciding The Official Favorite Pixies Album of Force Power Paintball and Other Diversions... it's no skin off my back. Won't you please run over me?

Come On Pilgrim - Levitate Me
Surfer Rosa - Cactus
Doolittle - Mr. Grieves
Bossanova - Dig for Fire
Trompe Le Monde - Letter to Memphis

Are you looking for the mother lode? This is an exceptionally strong bracket for me. The David Bowie cover is cool. Dig For Fire might be my second favorite from Bossanova. The TLM song (LTM) is easily forgotten but it's got a great guitar sound. That's what I think. Do you have another opinion?


Oh well. Write your rankings on your dress and send it to me. Hey, if our places were reversed I'd send it right to you.
UPDATE: Email or the comments box will be fine, too. I suppose.

1 Comments:

At 2:06 PM, Blogger mountmccabe said...

1. Cactus
2. Levitate Me
3. Dig for Fire
4. Mr. Grieves
5. Letter to Memphis

JFTR, I do realize that Bowie covered Cactus and not the other way around. Strong, strong group.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home